I didn't have a delicious pork chop until I was 27 years old. Up to that point every piece of pork I ever had was dry, tough, and kind of miserable to eat. No more! I've really fell in love with pork since starting to cook it sous vide. This recipe is the perfect way to mix it up when you're getting a little tired of your normal preparation — it has a little sweetness from the peaches that pairs really well with the taste of the pork.
Makes 2 delicious pork chops.
Sous Vide Temperature: 148°
Marinade time: 24–48 hours
Bath Time: 60–90 minutes
Finishing time: 5 minutes
- Seal the pork chops in a bag with a few spoonfuls of peach preserves and a little olive oil. Work it around with your hands to make sure both sides of the pork chops get some love. Let these marinate for up to two days.
- Bring your sous vide to 148°
- Cook the pork chops for an hour (up to 90 minutes) for 1" chops.
- Preheat your grill (or cast iron skillet) until it's pretty damn hot. I crank my gas grill up to MAXIMUM POWER for this one.
- Remove the chops from their bags and throw them on the grill. The sugar from the peaches will probably make these stick a little more than you're used to. Give them about 1-2 minutes on each side, until you have a nice sear on them.
- Add another spoonful of peach preserves right on top of the chop when plating, or on the side, depending on how much you like peaches.